The Development of Science & Technology, Government of India has established a Entrepreneurship Development Cell at Indira Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nellikuzhy, Kothamangalam, Ernakulam in January, 2014. It was started with the object of promoting specialized knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship development. In view of the worldwide shortage of jobs (both government and private sectors) leading to unemployment problems and lack of proper utilization of human resources; the cell strives to identify talented youth to entrepreneurial works. The cell plans to organise various programmes regarding entrepreneurship development.
Objectives of the cell
- Conduct training programmes in the field of entrepreneurial skill development.
- Provide guidance and facilities to first time entrepreneurs during gestation.
- To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.
- To conduct skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies.