The M.Tech Programme in Communication Engineering is approved by the AICTE and affiliated to the M.G. University, Kottayam, Kerala. The course leading to the degree of Master of Technology spans a period of four semesters (2 Years). The proposed M.Tech. Program is designed to offer not only in-depth theoretical knowledge in the area of Communications, Signal Processing, and Wireless Networks, but also system modeling and integration aspects emphasizing overall system behavioral studies in a laboratory. Such courses are unique and fall in-line with the requirements from the industries. At the end of the programme the student achieves the ability to identify pressing research issues and research directions in Communications, Signal Processing, and Wireless Networks.
The program educational objectives are:
- To develop communication engineers to meet the increasing demand for manpower in the field of communication technology.
- To impart in-depth knowledge of Communication Engineering Theory and Practice sessions by exposing them to various fields like optical network, signal processing (basic and advanced), high performance networks, advanced radiation systems and digital communication.
- To provide the theoretical basis of communication through Probability Theory and Random Process.
Upon completion of the M. Tech. Communication Engineering (CE) programme, students will be able to:
- Design advanced level communication systems, components, or processes to meet identified needs within economic, environmental and social constraints.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of communication engineering in various fields like optical network, signal processing, high performance networks, advanced radiation systems, digital communication, etc.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Identify, formulate, and solve communication engineering related problems using advanced level computing techniques.
- Manage projects related to communication engineering in multidisciplinary environments.