Department of Civil Engineering
The department of civil engineering was established in the year 2009 in Indira Gandhi institute of engineering & technology, Kothamangalam. The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department will excel in undergraduate and graduate instruction, in research in all sub-areas of civil and environmental engineering, and in service to the public consistent with the land-grant mission of the university. The Department will make significant contributions to the economic development of the state, region and nation.
- To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation.
- To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies.
- To create technical manpower of global standards in civil engineering with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
- To impart quality education in civil engineering to raise satisfaction level of all stake holders.
- To serve society and the nation by providing professional civil engineering leadership to find solution to community, regional and global problems and accept new challenges in rapidly changing technology.
- To make the department a centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research.
- To provide knowledge base and consultancy services to the community in all areas of civil engineering.